Wednesday, December 27, 2006

throw another faux yule log on the fire

Christmas holiday is winding down... the family heads back tomorrow and I'll enjoy one last day of holiday bliss. I've been calling Thursday (tomorrow) "my day", highlighted with a trip to the salon and some much anticipated downtime. I can't remember the last time I had a day like that... the closest would probably be the day I took to wrap up loose ends post-wreck. As enjoyable as I made what was left of the day, it still centered around bonding with my AllState adjuster. I think Thursday's definitely a step-up from that!

Christmas day was great. We woke Tam up enough to do gifts. Lots of fun stuff... I have quite a new selection of music to serenade my office with... some Aimee Mann... Snow Patrol... Phoenix... and some great DVDs -- In Her Shoes... Devil Wears Prada... the new(ish) Tori Amos DVD collection... and Rio's fab contribution -- the ENTIRE series box set of SATC - awesome (thanks again)!

We had a small feast here at my house. I wish I could have bottled up the wonderful smell my house took on to re-create. It was just fantastic. My mom cooked all day and the main course was accented by my dad's pies -- 2 chocolate pecan and one pumpkin. I did make a mini-contribution, making a big batch of sausage balls.

Since I still haven't figured out how to connect my iPod into our receiver downstairs, our main holiday music became my new favorite feature on Comcast On Demand -- the famous Yule Log (imagine "crackle crackle"). Anyone else see this fabulous holiday feature? Classic. You could almost feel your temperature rising as it brought instant warmth to the room - hah.

Rio joined us for Christmas dinner... much akin to Thanksgiving, including turkey + dressing, green beans, cranberry sauce, rolls, sweet potato casserole, and of course those mighty fine pies. I have so many leftovers right now in my fridge that it's just insane. I'm set for a while!

After dinner we watched what I'm sure is hands down soon to be the newest Christmas staple, Little Miss Sunshine. If you've seen the movie, you'll understand why this quirky comedy might not be the normal family time Christmas movie. I love the movie though... awesome. We did think it might be good to balance the somewhat unique first choice with a more traditional second movie -- so we pulled out Elf.

Yesterday I finally found shoes for my NYE outfit, so I'm good to go. I think I might even be able to manage to walk in these, which should always be the goal - right?
Anyhow, one more day of freedom...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.