Tuesday, April 18, 2006

lotsa matzah (& the easter bunny too)

I think I covered lots of bases this weekend. I really do. Lots of variety packed into the span of a few days. The Cajun and I kicked off the weekend in fine fashion at a wine bar I'd yet to check out. I liked it a lot -- great spot to catch up and the wine wasn't too shabby either. Definitely a must repeat girl's evening in the near future.

Well, for Easter weekend I managed to do a little this and a little that. I felt a little awkward in the midst of so many others who went home or did family things for Easter. I don't know... I've never felt so surrounded by so many people who were heading off for Easter weekend. It made me feel bad for not heading back home to AL, even though I do know I'll be making a pit stop there not too far in the future. Anyhow, I had hoped to at least be able to escape away for the Good Friday at my church, but with it being at noon and the papers being as high on my desk as they are these days, just wasn't meant to be.

Saturday was great. I watched another one of my Netflix movies (Just Like Heaven -- actually liked it. I almost turned it off about halfway in 'cause I just wasn't liking it, but I'm glad I stuck it out. I really liked where it went somehow.). Later, I met up with AS, a classmate from my UF MBA program, his wife, and a bunch of friends of his from high school. I hadn't seen him since we graduated, which was just when I was moving into DC. Since I just passed my 1 year DC-versary, guess that makes it around a year ago. He was in town to visit his family for Passover. We went to this Mongolian BBQ place, which was a new experience for me. Last new cuisine was Ethiopian, now Mongolian... what shall I choose next?

I went to our Easter service Easter morning, which was beautiful. The Easter lilies on the altar were gorgeous and it was very fitting to have a couple of baptisms to complete the service. Afterwards, I went with some friends to have some great Southern cuisine. Always great to have a chance to spend time with friends, especially in a group when it's so hard it seems to get everyone together.

Sunday night, to add to my variety-filled Easter, the Tour Guide had her annual Matzah Lasagna party, complete with some wonderful chocolate-iced vanilla Manischevitz cake. Gotta say, I love that this was my second one of these. It's quickly becoming an Easter tradition for me, even if it's linked to being a Passover tradition for you! This time, we even branched out into the whole wheat matzah. We're just four wild and crazy single gals

Today, to round out my Easter extravaganza, I got an Easter package from my friend Rio (still in Miami) with a hollow chocolate Easter egg, as is the Brazillian tradition. I haven't broken into it yet (I was too consumed with the mix of assorted wrapped chocolates around it in the box today!), but I'm sure my co-workers will appreciate it (or the "fringe benefits" of it) oh so much in the coming days. It was definitely a nice surprise though -- the thoughtfulness was much, much appreciated! :)

So interesting how all of these people who are great friends handle the same small window of time slightly different. I love it. I love being part of it all. Definitely made for a fun weekend for me.


Hope you all had a wonderful Easter, whatever route your celebrations took you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.