Friday, February 02, 2007

my name is cain and i am now unable

The love of my life is a shady lady...

It's been a restless Friday. I've been listening to lots of Cowboy Mouth, courtesy of the Titan, with the concert coming shortly. It's been a long time since I've gone to what's essentially a seat-less concert (gosh, I think the last one was Better than Ezra in none other than Starkvegas!). Should be a good time. I'm hoping my second wind kicks in soon, although it always seems to turn up from somewhere anytime there's music involved. A bunch of co-workers of mine are going to see Justin Timberlake... sorta as a joke, but I really think deep down they're for real, which has sort of fueled massive Friday-itis in the office. I just don't get the fuss on Justin. If anyone's bringing sexy back, sorry bud... don't think it's you. I honestly wish he would join SNL. I think that's his forte.

With all the build up with will-it-or-won't-it on the weather last night, I was relieved to see it was a "won't" kind of morning. We've had such a mild winter though that I almost forgot to watch out for slick spots this morning en route to the metro. This is my first winter on the Hill, so I realized it's even trickier with the broken sidewalks from tree roots. Uneven ground + slick ice = potential catastrophe. If anyone saw me though, they could have been nothing but amazed at my wonderful recovery skills. No busting it this AM.

I had some great pick-me-up music this morning though. The Titan had shared some indie hard rock with me - a group called Skirt. Very edgy and boy can the lead singer wail. It made great walking music, although I have a feeling it would have made for some dangerous, road ragey kind of music if I were behind the wheel.

When the world keeps coming down on me, I let it go
I let it go, let it go, let it go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.