Tuesday, January 23, 2007

fondue + strong women

Last night was JP's last night in town, so I met her at the Melting Pot for dinner. It's tradition that every time we meet up we have to make a trip there for some cheese and chocolate (skip the meat - it's a waste of prized space better filled by cheese... or chocolate). She brought her new friend L2 along, who is also a part of the group undergoing training to be part of Team SOAR. Like JP and myself, L2's also a Tori Amos fan. Instant bond. JP and I are pretty pumped about the potential of a trip up to NYC for whatever shows happen to be up that way on the next tour.

They're also in town today, but head back tonight. Some of them will be having the opportunity to possibly meet with Hillary Clinton today and the others will be touring the RAINN headquarters, which I never before had realized is actually right here in DC.

In listening to the two of them talk last night, I just had to say that I have a tremendous amount of respect for people who go through those types of experiences and are able to bounce back. I think the strength that shows is absolutely amazing. I'm not saying it wasn't hard - if anything, I'm saying I just can't imagine how difficult it would truly be. I'm inspired by their strength, their willingness to speak to others publically to help others who have had similar experiences, and their openness to discuss something that many rope off as taboo. Kudos to strong women. Truly inspirational.

1 Comments:

  • Thanks!! That was sweet. I appreciate it. I am going to foward it to L2. I think she will enjoy it. I had a blast with you and I look forward to seeing you soon. JP.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.