Tuesday, January 16, 2007

w-a-n-t-e-d

WANTED:

One Capitol Hill resident with uber sticky fingers and a bleeding heart that cannot resist their compulsive addiction to love on mother earth. Please return BOTH recycling bins you've lifted from our sweet little rowhouse and no limbs shall be lost. We actually don't even need or want you. In return, we will gladly provide you the phone number for the city we called last time you pulled your shenanigans and you too can get a brand new shiny blue bin. Until then, consider yourself a wanted person. Beware, as we're inclined to unleash the creepy spirits of our old haunted house on you. Now is that the way you really wanted to start your 2007? We didn't think so. Thanks.

- The Purple Ladies



Ok, just had to vent. Seriously. Who steals recycling bins? Is that some new fetish? Something like a, oh I don't know, recyclophile? Gee. I never knew how hard it could be to be a good citizen. I'm learning, day by day.

Tonight, I've got a stress-free evening of old school girl bonding is on the horizon. Coming off of last night's girl's night in watching the Golden Globes (I think we though the biggest red carpet disaster honors went to Ms. Diaz), I should be good to go for a while... but round two can't hurt.

6 Comments:

  • Someone stole a trash can? That's the most horrendous thing I've ever heard. Worse yet that it's time number 2. Who does that? What do you use it for?

    And, OMG what was Cameron thinking? She looked like Bjork in the swan dress. Did you see Beyonce? That was pretty bad too. I think JLo and Sienna were my favorites.

    By Blogger Sam.I.Am, At January 16, 2007  

  • Yes, they stole (again) our recycling bins. Getting a bit old. So we're stuck with all the newspapers, cans, bottles, etc. for another week.

    I don't know ... we were laughing about her dress a la Bjork as well, which was just further accentuated by her newly done black locks (thumbs down). Salma Hayek also gets big thumbs down. She looked like a marshmallow...

    I really liked Hilary Swank and America Ferrera (I just love her!). I didn't see JLo's until post-show... beautiful!

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At January 16, 2007  

  • Geesh...what would possess someone to steal recycling bins?!?!?!? Maybe they have some psychiatric OCD issues like hoarding? Very cool that your blog landed on the DC blogspot!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 17, 2007  

  • In my neighborhood (Dupont Circle) I've found supercans and recycling bins next to my building,which doesn't use either, from several blocks away (addresses written on them in permanent ink). I'm guessing kids, or immature adults, are moving them for fun.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 18, 2007  

  • Yeah, you could be a little more bridge-n-tunnel and write your house number on the cans...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 18, 2007  

  • Yeah, we're planning to totally go B-N-T and get spray paint to try to lay better claim to our bin next go round.

    Guess we should just be glad we have better things to do than to lift big blue bins, huh?

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At January 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.