Tuesday, January 30, 2007

winter weather drama queens

Having grown up in the deep South, I'm accustomed to the snow-induced freak-out. You'll recall I'm a self-admitted snow-wimp. I have though adjusted to a slightly higher threshold in general for tolerating the cold, sleet, snow, or whatever funky "wintry mix" junk DC more typically receives... so when my mom called last night to report some nasty stuff was headed our way this upcoming weekend, I discounted it a bit to that former deep South mentality.

As I was getting on the elevator this morning at work, I overheard a gentleman speaking with another co-worker saying the same thing. He said that the snow was coming in on Thursday evening, turning to sleet on Friday, and back to snow on either Saturday or Sunday with more accumulation than our first "big snow". Of course, my mind was fast-forwarding to the eventful weekend ahead. No! I was bummed at the thought that the weather could perhaps hamper my Cowboy Mouth plans as well as the fun birthday bash I'm headed to on Saturday.

However, I just looked at the weather on weather.com. Um, no. Unless multiple weather sites are conspiring to dellude me into thinking all's in the clear, there's no mass snow/ice looming to ruin our first February weekend. Sheesh. Drama queens.

I'll still be doing an internal anti-snow dance. Just in case.

2 Comments:

  • I'll be someplace sunny by this time tomorrow, so I'd like it to snow so that I act smug.

    By Blogger HomeImprovementNinja, At January 30, 2007  

  • I hope you don't get to have your fun there with the smugness...

    I did check again, and see some mention of PM snow showers... but nothing of an earth-shattering proportion. I mean, the weather on the news tonight claimed there were flurries today. I must have missed that?!?

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At January 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.