Monday, August 06, 2007

crutch buns + wontons

It's been a funny day. I took the day off to relax, actually follow the doctor's advise and prop up my foot with an ice bag, as well as to try to keep from having to go into the office on painkillers. Hopefully I'll be able to stick to the original plan.

While here, I started looking around online for some sort of pads to put on the crutches since I've walked next to nowhere so far and already am mighty sore. I've always mentioned I needed more upper arm strength. This is a cruel way to get some. I was beyond amused when my mom was searching online and found a website called Broken Beauties. They've got it all... fashionable covers so you can completely cover your crutches (their "crutch muffins" - haha - yeah, I thought that one was a bit much) or just what they call their crutch buns, which just covers and adds extra padding to the part that goes under your armpits and the part you grasp with your hands. I opted not to get the leopard print, as amusing as I found them to be.

And now the delivery extravaganza has begun. Peapod arrived an hour ago with a ton of groceries (*poof* - I've got groceries again). And soon, Cafe Asia will be here and I'll be the proud owner of crab wontons, a spicy crab roll, and an eel and avocado roll. WT's on her way here for some girlie downtime.

Work with me... I'm making the symbolic lemonade.

2 Comments:

  • Two questions:
    1. What are you doing to prevent cankles?
    2. Can I sign your cast?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 08, 2007  

  • 1. Let's talk cankles... what causes them? What should I be doing to prevent? Once it's healed, my doctor said he is going to do some therapy stuff to try to help with my chronic problems.

    2. No can do sister... I've got my reunion next weekend, so I'm keeping it clean and vanilla white for the time being!

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At August 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.