Monday, April 24, 2006

suede ruth slim

I thought it was appropriate that my pimp name be the title of this post!

Is it really Monday morning again tomorrow? Another week begins... I think weekends are really shorter these days than they used to. I had a really productive day, although sadly it meant I was in the office. Looooong day. We're moving offices this week -- the big move, literally next door. The upside is a slightly shorter day on Thursday and the glorious right to wear jeans on Thursday and Friday. I guess you take the perks you can get, right? And works great for me too since I need to head out Friday for NYC -- woohoo road trip. I hope my bus-buddy Dr. P can still join me for the ride!


It was another good low-key weekend though. Friday night through late Saturday evening was our Young Adult's Church Retreat, which was nice. The ride out to Falls Church, VA was such a nice change from the city-scape (as much as I do love being a city girl, an occasional escape is still appreciated). We were at an actual camp -- bunk beds, wooden ladders, logs in the fire, the works. It was such a peaceful place to be where all was so calm and all you heard at times was the soft tapping of falling rain. It was just what I needed -- perfect.

We got back into the city early evening -- refreshed but still a bit tired (it is a little hard to sleep with so many different people in one room -- the downside of the "bonding experience"). TX Dem and I made it an evening in since we just couldn't change gears. Sarah -- we so wanted to go to your party. We were just a bit too zonked to get done up properly for your fiesta. We will have to take a rain check (and can't wait to hear stories about your festivities!). Instead, it was a bottle of red zin and Junebug for us. ES -- we loved it! It was the perfect movie for two Southern girls.

Well, off to watch Grey's Anatomy. Ooooh and it's the "Cliff Notes" episode. Perfect to fill in the few gaps of Patrick Dempsey I have. I'm all about completeness...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.