Saturday, April 28, 2007

step into the light

There's something a bit comforting in being able to sort of post one's thoughts, etc. without being super identifiable. When I started this blog, I didn't put up a lot of photos on here for that reason.

Slowly though, I've begun to let that go just a little (case and point, the pictures along the right side of the page). Last night's blogger happy hour was another level.

Yeah, so definitely wasn't comfortable with doing some karaoke. The Fashionista and I went together, although she was claiming (ehem) not to be a blogger. I66 put together a good one for his farewell to his HH coordination role.

It was interesting to see people in front of you, face-to-face, that you've been reading about for some time. Very interesting. I'll own up to not having been super-social, but it was good to meet the few I did get to meet.

I was pleasantly surprised that so many others were familiar with my blog here. Always great to hear these keyboard strokes are going somewhere beyond my monitor.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

5 Comments:

  • Yeah, you can blame being anti-social on me and Peyote's bad Sprite. More alcohol makes me more friendly=)

    By Blogger Sam.I.Am, At April 28, 2007  

  • Hah... well, definitely wasn't all your fault. Fun night though. Ready for round 2? I'm about to nap-up.

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At April 28, 2007  

  • nice to meet you last night

    By Blogger John, At April 28, 2007  

  • We met, although I don't really think I properly introduced myself. Glad it was a good experience for you...

    If it helps, I'm the klutz who dropped his beer, then immediately had to go rap to Baby Got Back.

    By Blogger J, At April 29, 2007  

  • John: Nice to meet you as well! Hang in there with all those form letters. Us HR people can really bring a spirit down...

    PR: And what a fabulous version of Baby Got Back it was - haha. Anyone who has the nerve to do Sir Mix a Lot gets some kudos in my book.

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At April 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.