Thursday, April 19, 2007

back in pink

Okay, I just picked up my dress for Saturday's benefit event. I walked into the alterations place, where the lady who was sewing proceeded to look at her co-worker and say "ahhhh pink!" and gesture outward, as the tulle projects from my dress. Her eyes took on a twinkle of amusement. I'm glad I can help to spice up their day. Someday, I will take them something normal to alter. (Someday.)

Last time, it was my pink costume for Halloween (I was Pebbles). There's my pink razr too... and now this. I think it's 365 days of pink. Perhaps I'm subconsciously living up my pinkness since I wasn't uber pinked as a child. Is that it? Or perhaps because I didn't do my time in ballet to get my fill of the tulle known as the tu-tu? I think I lasted two months before I asked my mom if I could stop because it was boring. My attention span as a child I do believe was fairly non-existent.

So tulle glory? This weekend, it will come to pass. There will be plenty of pictures to follow of the dress, I'm sure. I'll save those for the flip-side of the weekend. The pink on the dress is about as subtle as a brick wall, but it's fun - oh yes. It's quite fun.

4 Comments:

  • What would we do without constant needs for costumes to go out in? Do you ever feel like your life is beginning to resemble a season on 90210? Costumes and events every single weekend.

    By Blogger Sam.I.Am, At April 20, 2007  

  • Things would be very dull, I do fear. We manage to create costumes even when we are at non-costumed events (straw hats, Sweet Home AL, birthday parties, and an Irish bar - perhaps?)

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At April 20, 2007  

  • Just imagine if we spent our money on normal going out clothes? Our closets might not be so interesting...

    By Blogger Sam.I.Am, At April 20, 2007  

  • Yes, and that would be no fun! Guess it's fitting then to stick to wardrobe compliments of eBay.

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At April 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.