Thursday, April 05, 2007

sore to the core

Do you have any doubt as to where your "core muscles" are? I don't. I know darn well where they are. Between Tuesday night's Hip Hop Funk class and Pilates and today's 6:45AM Pilates class, I'm pretty certain I have an idea. It was mighty tempting to sleep in this morning, but nope - I got myself going, even with this morning's temps sliding back to the cooler side and with the threat of the crazy man on the lose on the Hill still looming (thankfully that situation has wrapped).

There's something serene about an early morning work-out, even when ones core is so sore that laughing becomes painful. The studio lights were out, with light only coming in from the main cardio floor area. No music. Just lying there on the floor.

I would be lying if I didn't own up to looking forward to an off day tomorrow... sleeping late (yessssss... 6:15AM has never seemed so incredibly late), hopefully heading out of the office early, and then some pre-brunch prep for Easter (road trip to the 'burbs for Sassy and I). I'm still sad our Cherry Blossom picnic on Saturday had to be nixed. Snow flurries tomorrow night? Thumbs down. This DC weather is getting old... pick a season. Any season. And preferably a warmer one...

7 Comments:

  • I'm discovering my core muscles through boot camp this spring. Yuck.

    By Blogger JoJo, At April 06, 2007  

  • Oh wow -- definite yuck. You win on the pain factor there... that would totally kick my butt!

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At April 06, 2007  

  • Oh, my! I didn't even realize they were calling for snow showers around here until I read your post...and then checked weather.com! This is no good.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 06, 2007  

  • I know... ughhh. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Good news is I think only half an inch, so not real snow, although anyone from further north would scoff at the implication that we've had anything close to real snow all winter!

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At April 06, 2007  

  • Oh, I definitely feel you about the sore core muscles. I take a combo class of yoga and Pilates, and afterwards I feel the effects. But,I figure it's a necessary evil; I'm loving the results!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 06, 2007  

  • Fashionista, can you tell me if it gradually gets easier? I'll admit to not being the most flexible, but I'm not that inflexible... I was having some issues on some of the moves. Does that improve with time?

    I like hearing that on the results though -- always good to hear the pain is not in vain!

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At April 06, 2007  

  • I think it's gotten easier...especially the yoga. I had no yoga experience when I started the class in October (but had been taking Pilates off and on for a couple years). Now, I'm a bit better at the yoga.

    I'm not all that flexible, though, but my balance is better as is my strength. Example: In the beginning, my upper body strength was practically non-existent. Now, I can hold the plank pose for longer than one second without having trembling arms.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.