Monday, April 02, 2007

shiny happy people

My alarm went off at 5:30AM today. Slightly tempting to snooze, but no, no... up and out. It was a bit chilly, but what a perfect spring day to start a new routing. April's a good time to finally start to hit that list of New Year's resolutions, right? Running in the morning? Been a long time list honoree. I've always heard the morning's when working out fits best, but I've never thought I could do it. I told my roommate's today was the day... idle promise it was not.

The sun was not out yet as I hit the street. The traffic was definitely picking up though. I watched as slowly I was not the lone sidewalk occupant. Gradually there were others running, a trio of older residents walking and chatting (one with her sweater knit cap, complete with the little yarn ball on top - fabulous), and eventually respresentatives from that Cap Hill contingency that's got a strong presence - the dog owners.

I've only watched the sun rise
once other time in DC. It was beautiful to watch the sky fade gradually from a deep blue into an intense turquoise, only the clouds remaining as dark blue remnants of the previous homogenous sea of navy. WETA was playing Hungarian Dances No. 3 by Brahams, which was only fitting. Last night, the DG cooked for Sassy and I using the Hungarian sweet paprika I brought her back from Hungary... I'm seeing a theme somehow!

My roommates couldn't believe I actually pulled myself out of bed so early this Monday morning. I told them if I ran my mouth to them saying I'd do it that I wouldn't back out! The DG told me as we were walking to the metro that I was a totally different me... she said she'd never seen me so alert and chipper in the morning. Haha - so beware... eerie side effects!


But yeah, I'm just truckin' along on those resolutions!

  • International trip? Check! (or Czech? Hah. Couldn't resist...)
  • Exercise? Check. And getting that gym membership today. Yeah!
  • Playing the flute? Check. I was a bit anxious last Monday when I pulled out my silver Haynes. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to plug my way successfully through my favorite, Doppler's Hungarian Pastorale Fantasy. There's hope for me yet.
  • Trip to California? In the works. Looking at prices today.

Here's to moving 2007 along in a new direction!

Shiny happy people laughing
Meet me in the crowd
People people
Throw your love around
Love me love me
Take it into town
Happy happy
Put it in the ground
Where the flowers grow
Gold and silver shine

-REM

1 Comments:

  • Great for you! I've never been able to run in the morning. It takes all day for the muscles to wake up and warm up. Swimming is a little bit gentler of an a.m. workout. Good luck with your exercise resolution!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At April 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.