Sunday, April 01, 2007

stuck on repeat

Every now and then, I get in a DC funk. Perhaps that’s where I stand now. Job? Eh, it’s ok. Is it what I want to be doing forever? Current feeling is likely no. I’m antsy and darn it, I’m sad that I’m not jumping on a plane anytime soon to any far away location. I have a love/hate relationship with DC’s small town traits, and right now I’m not feeling the love. I’m feeling the need to change it up a bit.
And I don’t believe in mistakes, per se, but I do think there’s inevitably moments that aren’t your finest. And sometimes those moments repeat. I’m seeing too many of those lately. Ideally, you learn from those not so glistening moments, but other times the pattern seems to instead be to repeat. It’s like the line from the song. Feels like I’m running to stand still. It’s exhausting, draining, and I’m done.

I should be outside now, participating in the Cherry Blossom 5K. I figured it would be a nice way to see the area around the Tidal Basin all in it's full glory (although that Jan warm spell effectively nuked the likelihood that the cherry blossoms would really manage to last long). I was going to work my Tossed and Found shift yesterday (good cause), run a few errands, and turn in early so I could wake up fresh and ready to go early this AM. Did it play out like that? Not so much...

After checking the weather, looked like it would definitely be raining at the time of the race. As much as I wanted to get some exercise and get myself back to feeling "normal" post-Europe, rain and I are not friends so I figured the race was out. Not that it's super sunshiney outside now, but something about the crazy warbling bird that seems to have taken up residence outside my bedroom says that rain storm, yeah, didn't quite come to be.

Last night was KM's birthday so it was 5K? Or heading out on town? Last night, heading out on town was sounding like the better option. Today my body says maybe not so much. Seriously though, it was fun. Always fun celebrating with a friend on their actual birthday. And WT met us out as well, which was fun seeing as I hadn't seen her in quite a bit and we'd had a mix up on meeting out on Friday.

The Pea’s shared some of my portrait work with one of her clients, which I find to be pretty exciting. Perhaps there’s something in store there. Or maybe it’s time to consider a career change. All I know is that while I typically opt for routines and stability, I’m ready to bring on the change. I need it.

1 Comments:

  • The Pea’s shared some of my portrait work with one of her clients, which I find to be pretty exciting. Perhaps there’s something in store there.

    Sounds interesting...good luck!

    By Blogger Don't Be Silent DC, At April 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.