Friday, April 06, 2007

cadbury? they be my peeps...

Easter is a daaaangerous holiday season for me. As a self-admitted chocoholic, there's nothing about Easter to discourage mass consumption of chocolate. It's the season of Cadbury. I'm sure I've already mentioned being dangerously addicted to the Cadbury mini-eggs (the one with the crisp shell). I bought my inaugural bag while in Chicago, where the Titan and I started the Easter season promptly in Februrary. As I sit in my office (clearly procrastinating from working on this fine cold Good Friday), I have a Lindt Gold Bunny taunting me, a much appreciated gesture from my boss. And then there's my lunch with Rio, where I am excited to again be getting that Brazillian traditional Easter egg. Somehow, perhaps all this chocolatey goodness does not jive with my recent gym kick. I like to think that somehow it all works out.

The Easter sweet item I've lost a fondness for has to be Peeps, although I find them strangely amusing... I was reading the Express this morning, and apparently they have a contest they'll be posting results from that involve Peeps. Hmmmm. Interesting.

Random useless Friday information that's somewhat in season (because why not?)... according to the recent online survey conducted over at marshmallowpeeps.com, Will Farrell is the male celebrity most likely to represent what Peeps would be like if they were to come to life. Jessica Simpson was the #1 female celebrity (no comment - not a fan). The W was the male celebrity most in need of Peeps. This made me smile. A whole lot. Anyone want to catapult a mass quantity of Peeps at the White House? Somehow this mental image is giving me enormous amounts of amusement... Random comment -- did you know they now apparently have sugar-free Peeps? Considering I thought that was basically all that was in a Peep, I'm fascinated.

But it's interesting all of the different Easter/Passover traditions that people have. Last year's Easter-time celebrations were so varied. I think this year's will be more simplistic. But simple can be good. Church and then brunch with a few friends. It'll be a bit colder than desired, that's for sure, but we'll make the most of it.

Hope it's a Good Friday for you, wherever you may be and in whatever form your celebrations may be.

4 Comments:

  • If you like Peeps, you should try Peeps Jousting. Two Peeps on a plate, each with a toothpick (lance). Then you put them in the microwave and turn it on and see which one skewers the other first.

    Yes, I am a dork. But a cute dork ;)

    By Blogger HomeImprovementNinja, At April 06, 2007  

  • Not dorky. That's pretty awesome... and amusing. I was reading about that online (yes, I have major Friday A.D.D. today) but your explanation gave me a MUCH better visual!

    I've gotta say though, Peeps have kind of creeped me out as of late. Last time I got some, I think they were styrofoam. Ew!

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At April 06, 2007  

  • I have friday ADD too and am leaving in a few minutes. But I found the ultimate Peep Fight on youtube.

    A Peeps Civil War!!! Brother against brother! Not to be missed!!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypKRsSsV0Nk

    By Blogger HomeImprovementNinja, At April 06, 2007  

  • Ok just finally saw the Peeps Civil War. Too funny! I am quite amused, I must admit. Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At April 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.