Wednesday, August 08, 2007

as courtrose place turns

I was quite tired last night when I arrived back home. The doctor confirmed it's a fracture in one of the bones on the top of my foot along with a badly sprained ankle. End result? Lovely plaster cast for 2 weeks, walking boot/cast for another 4 weeks, and then 6 weeks of therapy. Beyond that, he's going to work with me on what we need to do to stop this cycle... since he said this shouldn't be such a chronic problem for me. I was pretty impressed with him. If anyone needs a good orthopedic surgeon, just let me know. I have a name now to share haha. Oh and after this, I promise the random shots of my feet will stop being included. I never broke anything as a child, so this is my first cast. Boring and plane jane - yes, I know. But I guess at 27 you're considered to be past the threshhold of being offered the hot pinks and electric blues of the world.

The Fashionista was a saint and gave me a ride from my office back to my apartment. After the long day, it was absolutely a luxury that was muuuuuch appreciated. While there, she signed her lease for our 'hood. It's official. We're now living in Courtrose Place. Ahhhh. Let the drama ensue ;-) After all, can't beat such a high percentage of your friends living in such a small radius. I'm about to get spoiled.

I discovered my old boss also commutes in to my office passing right by my place, so I have a way in and out of work now. My arms, ribs, and lower back are jumping with glee. I just can't say enough about all of the kind people I've been encountering. The people opening doors, helping with getting my Diet Dr. Pepper and my iced lattes... all the little things that add up so much. Even the sweet drawing I positively LOVED on my Facebook graffiti wall by the Tour Guide. Very fabulous.

Tonight's plans are the only of the week I haven't nixed. I'm off with the ladies to restaurant week. I'm 99.9% sure I'm not ordering steak and considering it's a steakhouse, I'm thinking I'll be getting the traditional odd-ball look. Oh well =)

10 Comments:

  • Did you paint your toenails because you knew you'd be posting them on the internets? Be honest...

    By Blogger HomeImprovementNinja, At August 08, 2007  

  • Honestly, I had them painted anyways but repainted them because I realized everyone and their mother will now be seeing my toenails!

    (It helps to offset the blue toes - haha!)

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At August 08, 2007  

  • You Courtrose Place peeps are going to need to compose a theme song. May I suggest a synthesizer?

    By Blogger I-66, At August 08, 2007  

  • I'm so, so sorry your foot got hurt :( But your toenails look so pretty!

    Let me know if threre's anything I can do. I'm just around the corner during working hours. Can't wait to see you Friday and catch up!!!!! xoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 08, 2007  

  • i-66 - you are so right. I think my sister has some mixing programs. We'll have to get on that!

    MsH - thanks so much for the offer, work neighbor! Looking forward to Friday too. Should be a calm afternoon for some high quality girly chit-chat.

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At August 08, 2007  

  • As a frequent wearer of Le Cast, let me say that keeping the tootsies painted kept my sanity in place (most of the time)

    By Blogger JoJo, At August 08, 2007  

  • Love Le Cast, Jojo. And thanks for making me feel less frou frou!

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At August 10, 2007  

  • I would be interested to know what's the best of the "World of Delivered Goods & Services." Seems you are now the resident expert. :(

    By Blogger SciWonk, At August 13, 2007  

  • The best so far would have to be Peapod (can't beat groceries appearing at your door) and delivery from Cafe Asia (super speedy sushi -- can't beat that!).

    Even better though has been all of the help from my friends, without which I would be going nuts! Thanks guys...

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At August 13, 2007  

  • That royally sucks. :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.