Wednesday, February 14, 2007

snow cardio

Well, no need to go to the gym today. If this makes me sound like a weakling then, so be it - but the walk to the metro today in the midst of the crazy mounds of tightly packed snow was tiring! It's like taking that same principle about the health benefits of swimming due to the water resistance but transferred to the winter weather realm. I was thankful that Sassy and I headed out today at the same time. It's kind of like taking an exercise class... you can drag too much or just quit for a bit if someone is there urging you along.

I don't know that I've ever seen such firmly packed fine snow before. Even when the mound was tall, there was a lot of "stuff" to get through before taking your next step. It was beautiful to see though... with the exception of the lovely yellow streaks from time to time where Fido had beat us to that particular patch. Nice.


I'm not sure about the DG, but Sassy and I both had trouble sleeping last night. I learned that while the earplugs might not be helicopter proof, they did prove to be much more effective when it comes to the pinging sound of snow/sleet falling on our roof. Well, maybe half credit to the earplugs and the other half to Monsieur Benadryl. Wish I'd only realized that a tad earlier in the evening. I arrived into the office ready to do a quick keyboard power nap here, but I'll resist. I am however not changing out of my snow shoes until there's oh say some sort of sign of life in our office.

Yesterday afternoon though was a nice surprise (early release), which left time for a mentally stimulating episode of 90210 followed by the next from my Netflix queue, Sherrybaby. Sherrybaby was pretty good... more or less I saw it as a character study of someone getting out of prison. Even though the character was most definitely flawed, I couldn't help wanting her to better herself somehow. The movie's tagline was "no one makes it alone". I like that.

Well, co-workers are slowly starting to appear around me so back to work I go. Tonight it's V'day with the ladies, which I'll save for a later post. I just got a text from the DG... love it... "happy show your love once a year while mindlessly spending money day!". If someone wants to show me some sangria-esque love this evening, I won't turn that down ;-)

Oh and by the way, thanks for all the kind emails, comments, or even (ehem) photos... all much appreciated!

2 Comments:

  • I still can't believe that was your first 90210 viewing! We need to rent it on DVD and have a viewing... or hang out at the Pea's house and watch TIVOed Soap Net versions. Ooooh, I see another Girls Night In!

    By Blogger Sam.I.Am, At February 15, 2007  

  • I know... I know... I was pop-culture immune for a brief period in the 80s/90s. What can I say.

    I definitely support another Girls Night In. I'll wear my "the BEER set me up" t-shirt this time.

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At February 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.