Saturday, September 29, 2007

me, myself & my two legs

After a looooong cab ride to the Greenbelt metro station from Laurel, MD I'm officially car-free. I almost made it a year with my car, but I must admit it's kind of nice to be back to solely public transit. It will be all too easy to take the payments previously made to Honda Financing and All State and reallocate them to the NYC landlord. No sweat at all.

My kitchen table is officially gone. I finally found someone non-flaky who picked it up last night. My living room instantaneously went from crowded to empty, soon to be filled with even more cardboard boxes.

Tam arrived into town last night. We met KM and headed to Lauriol Plaza, a definite must for my last weekend in DC. It's like things have come full circle. Lauriol was one of the first restaurants the Tour Guide took me to back in 2005 pre-move.

Afterwards, Tam and I headed to DC9 where I'd surprisingly never been and was one of her faves. Friday night is their Liberation Dance Party. Fabulous and occasionally fabulously hideous music. We had a perfect seat to take in some of the fantastic people watching right in our line of sight. There weren't many people on the dance floor, but definitely those there were amusement enough for us. It was good to catch up though. We called it an early night to save steam for Saturday.

Tonight it's time for some fantastic 80's cover action and theme attire, of course. I decided any dancing for this weekend should likely be reserved for Saturday. Thought the healing foot would appreciate that. Cause I'm still preoccupied with 19... 19... 1985!

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 Comments:

  • Aww the Tour Guide did teach you well - Lauriol and Kramerbooks. Important question - what will the blog be called when you no longer live in the district?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At October 03, 2007  

  • Yes, that she did. What a fine introduction. I'll have to be prepared with my own fine line up when she opts to make the trip up to NYC!

    And on the blog, to be continued on Friday... ;-)

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At October 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.