Friday, August 31, 2007

the art of spontaneity

I am a planner. I'm not a super big believer in astrological signs, but I pretty much am your textbook Virgo, I will concede. I live by my planner and have my weeks planned typically before they begin. I put out my clothes the night before I go to bed. It's who I am.

But sometimes you just have to get out of "you" and do what feels right. So, as I walked from the Metro and into work this morning, I decided a change in venue for this final summertime long weekend was in order. I walked in to work, jumped online, and purchased an Amtrak ticket to NYC.

No set plans, but I've got a place to crash with Tam so I'm good to go. I'm running home shortly to pack up for the trip. This is truly a first. I'll still have the oh-so-stylin' cast in tow, but I'll have real shoes as well. I'm looking forward to it.

It's a shame how refreshing traveling for pleasure is. I used to think the novelty would wear thin, but these days, I just don't know.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.