Tuesday, August 14, 2007

and the low key trend continues...

As I'm gearing up to pack for the reunion this upcoming weekend, it struck me some of the upsides of being in a cast. I'm a big time shoe afficionado. I just realized space required to pack said shoes gets halfed when you only need one of the shoes. I thought of an alternate pair of shoes to bring in place of the original cute high-heeled sandals I'd planned on wearing. I was sad to only find one of the two sandals until I realized, perfect anyhow - I'd found the magic left shoe! Lovely drawing, by the way is courtesy of my sister... it's me waiting for the bus or, as is more likely the case these days, a ride from one of my super fabulous friends who've made this experience significantly less painful.

I've been frantically trying to clean and organize the place. I'm ashamed to admit to some of the stuff I've thrown out, although loving the vacant areas that have been left behind post-purge. The slow trickle of guests have also been a catalyst, along with the supposed arrival of the Titan come Thursday evening.

Last night though, I felt fifteen again. I went upstairs to the Mack's place where, along with the Fashionista, we proceeded to watch the season premier of The Hills. I took the elevator up to their place, post bath and in PJs. Lovin' it.

10 Comments:

  • If someone asks about the cast, don't say you tripped and fell. Make up something that is less banal. Like, say you broke it in the semi-finals of the mid-atlantic ass-kicking championship.

    Or tell the truth: that it's not really broken, but you just like the attention ;)

    By Blogger HomeImprovementNinja, At August 14, 2007  

  • Can I call you Commonwealth Belle now?

    By Blogger I-66, At August 14, 2007  

  • Now now I didn't trip... my ankle flipped on its own (yes it is that weak). I do fall and trip enough that I would own up to it if it were really the truth. Alas, no.

    I still have yet to come up with any super fantastic story. Oh well.

    And I-66, you can call me the Commonweath Belle, but best believe the blog's staying District Belle. I've been milked for DC taxes long enough without any representation that I plan to keep on representing myself here =)

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At August 14, 2007  

  • Cute drawing! Your sister is quite the artist. I hope you have a great time at the reunion, even if you're only wearing one fabulous shoe, and not two! :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 14, 2007  

  • Thanks! She's starting graphic design school, so guess well suited =) And I'm sure I'll have a great time at the reunion. You can be sure there will be more to come on the flip-side there...

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At August 14, 2007  

  • I kinda like I-66's suggestion of Commonwealth Belle. Very clever, since you're all about trumpin' the Commmonwealth these days. Go ahead and convince yourself - though I'd like to hear some fair n balanced reporting.

    By Blogger SciWonk, At August 16, 2007  

  • Grissom's reunion is this weekend? How totally exciting! Ours isn't until October, and I can't wait! Say hey to all of our old C8 buddies for me, and I hope your foot is feeling better!
    PS...eat some Rosie's for me while you're in town!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At August 16, 2007  

  • I know -- doesn't feel like 10 years?!? I'll be sure to pass on a "hello" to the others. I know Courtney will be there for sure. And you know I'm most definitely headed to Rosie's. It's a definite Saturday afternoon excursion. It's an H'ville must do, in my mind =)

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At August 16, 2007  

  • Heeeey, why'd you leave off the commentary? :(

    Drawing on that facebook thing isn't easy.

    By Blogger Leslie, At August 28, 2007  

  • There's a reason for my madness... for those select few readers who have not seen the cinematographic masterpiece (AKA the Ladies Man with none other than Tim Meadows), I figured the reference to a "bus station skank" might be viewed as offensive, brash, and just a tad bit confusing. Sorry for editing your masterpiece. I felt I had to own up to its full content now...

    Happy? ;-)

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At August 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.