Thursday, June 22, 2006

low maintenance "experiment"

I'm not super high maintenance by any means, but definitely a creature of habit. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I know what I like and don't like and I tend to gravitate time and time again to those things I do like. No problem, right? Although, I can definitely admire those of you who opt for the more spontaneous route.

Anyhow, I digress... (sorta)

This morning I decided I'm tired of wearing so much make-up! I was in a directed photo class, and one of the things we discussed was how to politely mention to a model that they perhaps are wearing too much make-up for the shoot. The teacher went on to note the difficulty since as he noted, women tend to wear more and more make-up as they get older.

So that made me think... I remembered the days I didn't wear too much make-up and I didn't think I remember looking too awful... flash forward to this morning. A morning which, as a treat to myself, I slept a whole extra 30 minutes (and they were 30 beautiful minutes). I remembered this whole thing as I started to get ready and decided just for the heck of it, I was going to wear very very little make-up today to see how I could pull it off.

So, here I am. If you see me today, or in the coming days, and think I look like a train wreck (haha) -- please, don't worry about hurting my feelings. Do let me know. Otherwise, I must say I'm loving the more natural feel. It's like a burden's been lifted -- very liberating

Meanwhile...

Hi Ho... Hi Ho... it's back to work I go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.