Sunday, August 06, 2006

taking the long way

So much is going on at the moment! I love it though. Very energizing. My mom's been in town for about a week and a half. We went up to Boston last weekend, which was a blast. We did the Freedom Trail, walking tour of Harvard and MIT (I have an admitted fascination with college campuses & towns -- must say, Harvard definitely "wins". Not much happening, besides mucho brain activity, around MIT!), and lots of shopping on beautiful Newbury Street. I took tons of pics, which I'll be putting up on Flickr shortly. Stay tuned :)

Sassy, the DG, and I have officially signed on a new place on the Hill. Hasta luego Dupont. We're pretty much pumped! We've got it pretty much all in line -- movers scheduled, etc. It's such a beautiful home that's around 100 years old. We feel really lucky to have found such a great spot and that everything's worked out so well.

I've been frantically working on my photos, since my final portfolio (which is sort of my final final for the entire professional photography program) is due in about two weeks. The pressure's on! I have to turn in 12-20 8x10 images in mats (cut by me). We're learning all about how to put together your portfolio (ordering of photos, types of photos, etc.). Very interesting. My subject is photos that capture culture, with a likely secondary subject of portraiture. I'm excited about the prospect of really starting up the business soon.

Mom & I saw the Dixie Chicks on Friday. Awesome! I loved the song selection and they always have such a great energy about them. I loved their choice of coming in to "Hail to the Chief". They didn't say too too much about Bush, with the exception of a comment about him living in DC around 50f his time. Hah. I haven't had a chance to pull up reviews on the concert, but am curious to see that.

We saw the most horrific thing though coming out of the subway... my mom and I noticed this one girl coming up out of the subway who had on a super-short skirt. We saw her then proceed to the escalator way ahead of us. We were just talking, not thinking much, and then we looked ahead to see her, in all her glory (going commando, perhaps?). Definitely showing all her mama gave her. It was something so obvious you didn't have to be truly looking to see it. Pobrecita! Lesson courtesy of WMATA... exercise extreme caution with skirt lengths when you're a public transit kind of gal!

Mom and I are now off to a sinfully delicious brunch at Georgia Brown's. Can't wait. Hope you're all having a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.