Monday, October 23, 2006

i buttle, sir.

Well, I'm wrapping up some things in the office now before heading to meet a friend for dinner. I'm having Monday evening A.D.D. at it's finest and needed to take a brief break. Why not ramble about my weekend, right? I feel like I'm still in it for sure. The original plan was to catch up on sleep from the long weekend prior from our housewarming party. Somewhere along the way, I seem to have gone astray...

Saturday night was a long night. I'll admit, it was soooo tempting to bail out on doing anything, but somehow I managed to stick to the original plan an head with Sarah to two parties. Perhaps it was my love of the movie Clue, the theme of the second party, that got me out the door (I don't care what ANYONE says. Clue's a cinematographic masterpiece. Brilliant... haha). Whatever it was, it worked. So much fun! Definitely didn't plan on getting home after 3:30. Ooops how does that seem to keep happening? Oh well. There was even some dancing involved -- how often does that happen? Props to our neighbors. Sassy and I weren't super Clue-themed. We went for sort of upscale dinner party attendees. Hope we managed to pull that off. They had people there all done up though, which was pretty cool.

I definitely wasn't ready for Monday. I think the weekends are getting smaller with each additional one that passes. Is that possible? Or is it just that we need another long weekend? I think it's probably the later... perhaps it's my envy of not getting Columbus Day or Veteran's Day. Just hanging on for Thanksgiving and the additional holiday time off I'll be taking to head to good ol' Sweet Home Alabama. It'll be my first return visit since my family left the house I grew up in. It'll be so weird to come home to a different "home". I think I've said it before, but it definitely reinforces what I definitely have seen as the truth as of late, which is that home as you get older is all about the people and definitely not the location and especially building (house) so much. I'll be coming back the Monday morning after Thankgsiving and walking straight into the office (6:30 AM flight I believe?) so I'm definitely maximizing my holiday time there!

I worked on getting together my Halloween costume. Last year it was just one Halloween party. Now, it's something like three different ones? What a great predicament! I had a last minute change in costume since my original idea was becoming a bit pricey. I've put it on the back-burner though to use for next year. I figure it can be a lot less expensive with a little more planning. What's everyone else going as???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.