Sunday, September 03, 2006

i ♥ capitol hill

Well it's official... we're up in our new place on the Hill. This morning I let myself sleep in... still so tired from the whole moving process. I start unpacking at night and just cannot stop. I don't know if you'd be able to tell if you were to come into our place, but I promise we've really been going at it non-stop (almost).

So the actual move on Friday could have basically been a disaster. Ernesto was such a thorn in our side. Our movers were just about the biggest wimps ... we definitely weren't prepared with a plan B there. My roommates called me around ten o'clock to let me know that the movers weren't going to move us due to the weather. Now, note here that although some places might have been hit hard with heavy wind and rain, we might have had our spurts but definitely not until later that evening and DEFINITELY not enough to justify a cancellation. Note to all reading: DO NOT move with Moving USA!

Anyhow, determined not to let this derail our original plan, we frantically hit the phones and called all of the other moving services we could find listed online (thank you whoever's random wireless connection I hopped on at Hampshire House - much appreciated ). Ironically, we all ended up rescheduling with the same movers -- Gulliver's. We really are big fans ... three cheers for the "Gentle Giants", as their slogan goes. I ended up moving on Friday afternoon and Sassy and the Domestic Goddess moved on Saturday.

Last night was our first night in the place. It was such a great change for me to have so many people around like that. Very cool! We ordered pizza together (Today's Pizza... as opposed to yesterday's...) and cleaned and all that good stuff.

This morning, I missed Sassy and the DG's run to Eastern Market. I didn't set an alarm -- ahhh what a beautiful change. I finally got up a bit before 11 and then wandered over to Dunkin' Donuts to get me some coffee -- the iced latte sure did hit the spot. I then headed over to CVS and then up to Eastern Market.

It was such a beautiful day to be out. I just took my time walking up and down the streets. There were so many people out... families pushing strollers with their young ones in tow... people picking up fresh produce at the market... young professionals walking their dogs... all willing to stop and take time to say hello. It was refreshing... nice to see the change in scenery was what I was hoping for. As much as I loved you dear dear Dupont, I think my new love's Capitol Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.