Wednesday, September 13, 2006

texas bound duffle bag diva

I have to say, three cheers for week+ long birthday celebrations. Can anyone truly complain about that? I mean, c'mon! Today it was cake at work to celebrate. Well, I say cake but I actually opted for a fruit tart. And let me say it was mighty tasty, so excellent opting if I do say so myself! Tonight the Local and I went to Sonoma -- great dinner and excellent company! I just wish I didn't have to drag myself back to pack (and I'm soooo procrastinating here, but indulge me if you will). I tell you, I don't know though that I've had such a lavish birthday since I hit the big 2-1. Who knew 2-7 could be such a magic number as well? For those of you who are reading this who've contributed to the festivities, I just want to take a chance to say thank you again. It definitely hasn't been effort wasted on one who's not noticed. Believe you me, I've noticed. Thank you

So tomorrow the big day's here... the big 2-7. Somehow, I know I'll seem just as old. So random how one day gets so much attention, right? Oh well, it's still nice to have "your day". Nice that my day doesn't coincide directly but rather adjoins to the wonderful Austin City Limits Festival that I just caaaaaaan't wait for!



Those of you who live in DC or who talk to me regularly have surely heard this already, but I just love it... 3 Days... 8 Stages... 130 Bands... and 1 extremely happy born and bread Alabamian who'll be newly 2-7! I'm looking forward to having my native Texan tour guide, TX Dem, and the Hostess to show me the ropes of Austin. Rest assured I have my most appropriate Austin attire in tow, ready to see what fun awaits!

So there's so many musicans to check out, many of which I don't know (yet at least!). The ones I'm particularly pumped about seeing are:

Friday
Matt Nathanson
Thievery Corporation
John Mayer
Van Morrison

Saturday
The Shins
Aimee Mann
String Cheese Incident
Iron and Wine
Willie Nelson

Sunday
Ween
Benn Harper & the Innocent Criminals
G. Love & Special Sauce
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

We have a direct flight from BWI into Austin. This time tomorrow the actual "day of" birthday celebrations will be in full gear. Definitely looking forward to that and getting to celebrate with TXDem in Texan style!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.