Sunday, September 17, 2006

dancing in the green, green grass...

What a fun first day to ACL today. I am absolutely exhausted and won't make it through much longer, but just had to say well worth the trip. I had a fabulous birthday yesterday. Ms. TX really treated me to some pampering in style... we got in to Austin and went over to the Arboretum area. We had a nice leisurely lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and then she treated me to a pedicure. So fun...

We went over to Beck's to hear a friend of a friend play and then went to see a friend of a friend's band play -- That's Mister to You. Very fun... we didn't stay out too too late in order to get up this morning bright and early for day 1 of our 3 days of musical bliss... but it was truly the culmination of the best birthday celebration ever... thanks to everyone who helped to make the big 2-7 such a fantastic one!

Yeah so today was fabulous... I'm about to topple over from exhaustion... the sun gets you for sure! We saw so many great acts today though. We wanted to see Asleep at the Wheel, but it was just too darn early to work out. Guster was so good... I definitely want to get one of their albums. Stars was good and Nickel Creek was amazing! So talented. The best part hands down had to be their version of Britney Spears' "Toxic". Absolutely hysterical!I was pleasantly surprised by Cat Powers... having never heard of her, I was surprised how much I liked her music. Sort of a cross between Fionna Apple, Nora Jones, and maybe even a bit of dear dear Tori... good stuff. I loved how much she got into her music. There's something magical about an artist truly into their music... she had that for sure, along with some amazing back-up singers.

Los Lonely Boys were so much fun. So much energy! And there's just something fasicnating about a musical act that's family like that. So good. After waiting in a forever long line for dinner, we finally headed over to catch Van Morrison. So good! There were so many people around at the close of the festival to catch the final act. I hated that it conflicted with John Mayer, but oh well... I must admit, the whole Jessica Simpson thing doesn't make me want to see him quite as much as before. Hope that doesn't sound too shallow.

Well, we'd wanted to hit a post-concert show, but nixed that after we were super-zonked. We were so filthy that you could see my Birkenstock lines and they weren't tan lines... now, a foot bath and clothes change later, I'm just ready to snuggle up on the couch and catch some zzzzzzzs... I think we're planning on heading to the visitation for Ann Richardson tomorrow AM prior to the show, so we have a full schedule ahead. G'night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.