Saturday, March 10, 2007

cmt gems

When I was younger, CMT was a station I knew well. You wouldn't perhaps know it to see my music collection now, but I grew up on almost solely country music. My first concert was Randy Travis. Many a mullet and a rat-tail were running around that event. Other favorites were Alabama, but I remember listening to my Gramma's faves endlessly... Conway Twitty, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash. It wasn't until I was in high school that I really picked up on pop/rock music. Now, I can't remember the last time I watched CMT... with the exception of last night.

I was working on my t-shirt for tonight, so I was flipping through the guide on the TV. I came across the Dukes of Hazzard. Perfect! I loved the Dukes of Hazzard growing up. I was so into Luke. I had a Luke doll. At that time, I think I would have opted for Luke over Ken (as in Barbie and Ken) any day. He was my ideal. Hah. I used to have audio cassette tapes I'd recorded of the shows that I would replay as I fell asleep. I was really into it. So it was just too fun to turn it on last night.

I didn't realize there would be more in store though. As opposed to MTV's Pimp My Ride, CMT apparently has Trick My Truck! No disrespect meant here, but it was seriously cracking me up. What cracked me up even more was that I left it on to cycle through two episodes, which were followed by some karaoke show, and then they repeated the episodes. How can you tell you've had too much CMT? Yeah, 'round about then. It was a perfect way to hang in though the night before the party and finish up my shirt and some decorations.

As a side note, this is post number 125. Wow. Perhaps there should be more fireworks here? Oh well. Next to tackle? Shamrockfest!

1 Comments:

  • Can't wait for tonight, my press on nails are on and the hair is 'bout to be teased!!! yaya for some twinkies!! Hope you had fun at shamrock fest, I'm sad I had to miss it but work called, I'll be there next year!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.