Wednesday, May 16, 2007

barry white, gazpacho, and fondue fountains

How's that for a title for your daily hodge-podge of District ramblings?

My day began with a sprint as to not miss the Orange line train at the bottom of the escalator. I was elated as I barely slid into the car in advance of the "ding ding, doors closing" sound. As if that wasn't enough, oh no... there's more. It wasn't just the Orange line train... it was the Orange Line to Vienna-Fairfax, with none other than the Barry White train operator. This is where the non-audio nature of this blog inhibits my communication with you, the reader, but let's just say he has this distinctive, sing-song voice... has very much a Barry White tone to it. My sister and I love him. So much, that the last time I was on his train, I had to text her the second I got off of the train. Her response? "Oh my gosh. I love that guy. Are you in love?" Um, clearly.


My tongue is on fire. Our cafeteria is getting all fancy... today's soup offering: gazpacho. Oh my. I'm a bit of a gazpacho snob. It was my favorite when I studied abroad in Spain. Let me just say, I love my A/C. About as much as I love my A/C, I do not like strange red meat. Spain was definitely lacking in A/C but waaaaay to plentiful at time on the strange red meats. What I learned to love was some gazpacho. It gave me a meal of choice and, at the same time, was cold! Many times, it would even come served with ice in it. It served at least to momentarily offset that lack of A/C. Anyhow, I was skeptical that our cafeteria could swing gazpacho without it coming off as some sort of nasty tomato puree. I stand corrected. [Pero, mas agua, por favor!]

Last, but definitely not least, I was absolutely thrilled (sad, but true) to find a link to a YouTube clip of the Cheese Fondue Fountain from Saturday's Chiluau. Awesome. And, of course, you too now get to enjoy...


7 Comments:

  • hahaha! Dude, I love the Barry White train operator! I thought I was the only one that noticed that. That's too funny.

    By Blogger Unknown, At May 16, 2007  

  • So funny! I've never heard anyone other than my sister mention, so that cracks me up as well =)

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At May 16, 2007  

  • D's got to write a book or host a tv show on planning parties. It's official. Though, no children please.

    By Blogger Sam.I.Am, At May 17, 2007  

  • OMG! I can't believe you found the cheese fountain on YouTube! That's so great! I wonder who did that? Way to post sista!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At May 17, 2007  

  • Sam - I agree. D's found his calling. Don't know why he resists. I think he needs to maximize on the hat-making skills, for sure.

    Lisa - D emailed it out with the pics via Evite. It's far superior to my accidental footage when I thought I was just taking a pic. Ooops.

    Upside is I learned how to film on my camera. Dangerous discovery...

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At May 17, 2007  

  • Ooh, a Barry White train operator! What a nice way to start your morning. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At May 18, 2007  

  • Ewwwwwww!!!!!

    By Blogger texasinafrica, At May 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.