Wednesday, May 30, 2007

do a little dance...

Ok, so now that it has been officially announced at work, I can mention that I'll be starting a new job shortly! I'm pretty excited about the change... it'll be a great opportunity and should be something to challenge me for quite awhile ahead. It's a bump up in responsibilities as well as expansion in breadth of role, so I'm thrilled.

I already had some vacation time scheduled to begin Friday. Most definitely can't wait on that one. Then it's back into the office a tad before formally ending out things here. The odd thing about leaving somewhere is that you learn who really appreciated you and to what extent. Why is it that positive feedback isn't reinforced to the same degree as the negative? Sorry... that's the HR preachiness coming out in me. I'll tone it back down!

Tonight it's off to catch some Shakespeare. What? Doest thou protest a trip to the theatre? Surely ye jest... the Fashionista's picked up a picnic spread that sounds like it wilt be divine...

4 Comments:

  • Congrats on the new job!

    By Blogger texasinafrica, At May 31, 2007  

  • Congrats again! Last night was so fun. If I don't see you tonight, have a fantastic vacation and get some sun and pecan pie for me.

    By Blogger Sam.I.Am, At May 31, 2007  

  • Thanks all! I'm reallyy excited on the job. You know I've been interviewing for a while, so nice to have that all squared away. Perhaps now I can actually catch up on some real doctor's appointments now that I've gotten all the faux visits out of the way :-)

    Sam - not sure if I'll get pecan pie, but outlook good on iced sweet tea, biscuits, and some friiiiied okra. Yum!

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At June 01, 2007  

  • Awesome, awesome news. Congratulations!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.