Friday, June 01, 2007

bama bound...

I learned the upside quickly of traveling in warm weather rather than winter. I know it's not rocket science, but it's amazing how much more fits in your suitcase when the weather gets warm. The space once devoted to one thick coat quickly becomes the equivalent of some 10 tank tops and 4 pairs of flip flops. Pretty sweet.

I tried to keep it to the bare minimum, but let's discuss... it's ridiculous how many chargers and batteries one now needs to carry. It's been a while since I've done a lot of photography, so I decided to bring my nice photo equipment (Nikon, of course). That meant I now have my cellphone charger, Blackberry charger, camera battery charger, and portable hard drive charger. I'd have the iPod charger if it hadn't gone bad recently. Pretty ridiculous! I feel like an electronic device assortment platter on legs...

I love my city life, but it'll be nice to have a dose of Bama living. I'm looking forward to riding around in cars - as a *regular* mode of transportation. I'm pretty pumped for central air conditioning (yeahhhh, the not-so-subtle humming noise of my window unit helps to drown out the nighttime traffic, but does get old). I'm looking forward to hearing the occasional thick Southern accent. I'm excited for sleeping late and getting my fill o' Southern comfort foods. Oh yeah - I can't wait.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.