Friday, June 01, 2007

the times they are a-changin'

I'm on vacation. Officially. The idea was for vacation to start at 5:31PM today, but I found it more in the ballpark of 7:30PM before I left out of the office to run those inevitable last minute pre-trip errands. How is it that I've had my suitcase packed since Tuesday (shhhh on snide comments now), but I still seem to have a million things to wrap up?

I'll admit to being somewhat a creature of habit. I walk the same route to the metro. I do the exact same routine when I walk into the kitchen at work every morning... down to the sweetener in my hot tea, the order in which I wash my hands, yeah... I have my routine pretty set.

I did realize today as I was walking out of the office that I'm officially five working days away from a brand new job. A whole new organization to start at ground zero within and learn. I'm three months away from moving to a whole new scenario, as my roomies and I officially informed our landlord today we'd not be opting to renew our lease for another year. Even me, Miss I'm-not-a-big-fan-of-cats, is now contemplating getting one for myself and returning back to the realm of pet owners. Somehow Miss Creature of Habit is simultaneously charged by all of these changes, seemingly happening all at once.

But in the meantime as that all digests, I'm pretty pumped for over a week to disconnect. Back to Bama she goes. I came home and flipped on the TV and found it quite fitting that the Wonder Years was on. Out of all of the episodes, it was one of the first where Kevin and Winnie's friendship became a bit more.

Mmmmm... Fred Savage... I remember thinking he was the biggest hunk-muffin at the time that show was on. I had no concept that he was on the shorter side. I thought he was the hotest stuff around and, of course, that life would be perfect if I could just find my own personal Kevin Arnold. Very appropriate though in the midst of everything else going on to get lost if only for an hour...

4 Comments:

  • They've been airing two Wonder Years episodes every week night chronologically and I've been DVRing all of them since the very first one. I'm about a week behind right now. Unless they re-aired an episode, the one you saw was not the first time Kevin and Winnie's friendship became more. They were officially together for a while in middle school but broke up when she met someone at her new school. Such a great show! I'm going to be sad once they're done airing them all.

    Jane

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 01, 2007  

  • Hmmm interesting to know... I haven't watched it in a long time, so I was having a hard time placing where the episode fell.

    They'd double-dated to a dance and fought the whole time, of course because they liked each other. So cute... It was the one where he kisses her on the eye and she does the same thing back. Haha.

    I'm jealous on the DVR. If it was easier for me to capture them, I'd be all about watching me some Wonder Years.

    Makes me curious if it's on Netflix...

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At June 01, 2007  

  • You are thinking about getting a cat? aren't you allergic? maybe we should bring you over a few more times and let Alley give you a test run. I know the times you've been over she's been more than willing to cuddle up with you.

    Hope youy're having a good vaca! Miss you! xoxo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 07, 2007  

  • Yeah, I'm allergic... the plan though is once I start my new job, I'm going to get allergy shots. I'm going to have them dose me up for the cat and then hopefully I'll be good to go... we'll see how that works out. Alley might could be a test case - haha!

    Miss you too! See ya for some QT w/ JF ASAP ;-)

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At June 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.