Wednesday, June 06, 2007

south... DEEP south

I think my Deep South must-do's are well on their way to being accomplished. Just made a quick restroom stop at a Jack's. (Yeah... that's about *all* I'll do at a Jack's).

We made a quick stop earlier today at a gas station. Varieties of baked potato chips? One. Varieties of Moon Pies? Three. Varieties of Laffy Taffy and pork rinds? Four.

I've had hush puppies as sides for two meals. Biscuits for two meals (including once at Hardees this morning in Florala - not to be confused witht the Florabama). I've had a ridiculous quantity of sweet tea. I've been to Wal-Mart, and lived to tell.

I've probably spent about as much time in a car this trip as I have the whole year. Ok, I exaggerate (recent trip to NYC nullifies that, I suppose)... but still, a whole lot for someone who's had a car since October and put only some 800 miles on it.

I've been getting mighty spoiled on homemade cooking, down to baked spaghetti accented with fresh basil from my mom's herb garden. Awesome..

Oh yes... I'm getting my dose o' the South. And I'm lovin' it!

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 Comments:

  • Yum! I love the deep south! I'm going to New Orleans and also Mississippi for the first time ever at the end of this month. Can't wait!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 08, 2007  

  • Oooh, what are you doing in Mississippi and NO? For work??

    By Blogger Lara Ziobro, At June 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home




Powered by WebRing.